Interview with Fitness Enthusiast: Kelyn Lau Part IPosted on 19 May 19:04
Sporting Elites caught up with Singapore's very own fitness enthusiast, Kelyn Lau. Cycling, Run, Swimming and Weights Training, this girl is interested in all and continues to do so on a very regular basis. Read on for our interview with Kelyn!
1) Sporting Elites: Hi Kelyn, Can you introduce yourself to the readers of Sporting Elites?
Kelyn: Hello, I’m Kelyn, a graphic designer, age 25, height 163cm and weighing 48kg. For me, fitness has become a lifestyle.
2) Sporting Elites: What are the various sports/ fitness workout have you done and still doing?
Kelyn: I started with HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and mild running then i got bored of doing the same thing and it also become non-effective. So I started picking up other sports like swimming, muay thai, cycling, sprinting, yoga and calisthenics. But I’m just focusing on calisthenics and HIIT now.
3) Sporting Elites: Can you tell us what inspired you to start working out?
Kelyn: I started my fitness journey about 2 and a half years ago. To begin with, I was never fat, just chubby and you know how actresses are portray in the movies, where they have such beautiful abs like "step up". I was always envying and one day it hit me that sitting down will never get me such abs. So I decided to try HIIT and I fell in love with it.
4) Sporting Elites: Have you taken part in any competitive fitness/sports events before? What are your various sports/fitness achievements?
Kelyn: I would consider that I have not taken part in any. But I’m certainly looking forward to taking part in one!
5) Sporting Elites: Given the fit and lean body that you have, are you looking to take part in any fitness model competition?
Kelyn: Aww, thank you! And yes, I’m thinking to take part in nutri-girl next year. No plans in any other competition yet.
6) Sporting Elites: How is the daily routine like for such an active girl like you?
Kelyn: Hmm, I’m lucky to find a flexible working hour company to work in. Weekdays usually would be morning workout follow by a nice homemade breakfast and then work for pretty much the whole day until I’m turning in. For weekends, usually I will be traveling out for a good training with my friends or partner.
7) Sporting Elites: What is your weekly workout regime like?
Kelyn: Hmm.. Actually I don’t specifically have one because i am constantly changing it every week. But what I can share is my current workout routine, which is 2 days of sprinting, 2 days of HIIT and body weight strength training (for my callisthenic mainly) and 1 day of weight training at the gym.. For abs, it will be at least 3 times a week.
Stay tune for Part II of Interview with Fitness Enthusiast: Kelyn Lau!
Photo Credits: Kelyn Lau
Follow us on our Facebook Page for timely updates on Special Sales and Discounts!